Tuesday 5 February 2013

A Corner Room


Of the Bethnal Green Town Hall. Quite simply, creative cooking and great service at very reasonable prices, especially for lunch. Two courses for GBP17/ three courses for GBP21. It is the more casual and more affordable dining option to Viajante, also in the Bethnal Green Town Hall, which was more refined, more creative and served delicious freshly baked bread with whipped butter. It also warrants its own post if I can ever find my pictures. 

This was my second visit. My first visit resulted in great appreciation for Iberico pork cooked pink. Juicy and tender and just cooked perfectly - memorable to say the least. Always apprehensive about revisiting the same dish, I ordered steak instead. My companions who had the pork said it was too salty. The dish itself was completely different to the one we had the first time around. The menu does change frequently but like the lamps that adorned the back wall, the Iberico pork appears to be a permanent fixture. Albeit, with variations. Enjoyed all my dishes but the dark chocolate thin crackers accompanied by the slightly bitter clementine with cinnamon ice cream was my favourite dish of the day. I like the bitter taste of fruits like grapefruit, and I love chocolate. Perfect combination for me. I am also just going through a crazy dark chocolate phase. Only when does a phase cease to be a phase? 

Corner Room
Town Hall Hotel
Patriot Square
London E2 9NF



Jamon Iberico






Seabass Ceviche

Hanger Steak

Sole on the Bone
Chocolate Clementine


Sweet Potato Ice Cream with 'popcorn'
Some of the dishes we had on the first occasion when it first opened in 2011.

Confit Duck with Girolles and Egg







The ever memorable Iberico Pork
Veal Cheeks with Pasta and Wild Mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment